Metro Vision Idea Exchange
The Metro Vision Idea Exchange is an opportunity for member government land use and transportation planners, other local government staff and stakeholders from the private sector to share information and ideas, as well as learn about best practices that support Metro Vision goals. These workshops address sustainability and livability issues important to the successful development of TODs, Urban Centers, town centers and freestanding communities.
The next Idea Exchange on Community Health and Wellness is Tuesday, February 11 from 10 a.m.-noon.
Click on the links below for presentations and other materials from past events.
- February 11, 2014: Prescription for a Healthy Community
- December 16, 2013: Transforming the Community Fabric
- October 11, 2012: LEED-ND 101: Practical Strategies for Achieving Sustainability Goals
- August 23, 2012: Commercial Strip Revitalization in Wheat Ridge and Brighton
- May 17, 2012: Planning for Wildfire: A Growing Threat to our Region
- March 15, 2012: Urban Agriculture and Food System Planning
- January 19, 2012: Economic Benefits of Healthy Community Design
- October 27, 2011: Creating Age-friendly Communities
- August 17, 2011: Land Acquisition and Land Banking
- May 18, 2011: Creating Corridors of Opportunity
- March 16, 2011: Public Health, Walking, and the Built Environment
- January 19, 2011: Branding TODs, Urban Centers and Corridors
- November 17, 2010: Residential Location Decisions and Travel Behaviors
- August 11, 2010: Parking Management: A Critical Success Factor for Creating Livable Communities
- June 16, 2010: Efficient Use of Natural Resources
- May 19, 2010: Metro Vision Community Design Policy
- April 28, 2010: Metro Vision Urban Centers TIP Policy
- April 21, 2010: Metro Vision Urban Centers Policy
- March 2010: Connectivity. The Intersection of Land Use and Multimodal Transportation Planning
- January 2010: Design Guidelines
- November 2009: Denver's New Zoning Code
- October 2009: Commuter Parking and TOD, Evolving in a Sea of Variables
- September 2009: Federal Livable Communities Initiatives
Presentations from Planner Idea Exchanges focused on TOD are available below.
- August 2009: Critical Success Factors for Retail in TODs
- July 2009: No meeting
- June 2009: No meeting
- May 2009: Commuter Parking, Finding the Right Balance
- April 2009: Enrique Penalosa
- March 2009: Affordable, Mixed-Income Housing
- February 2009: Effectiveness of TDM Strategies
- January 2009: Infrastructure Finance
- December 2008: No Meeting
- November 2008: Infrastructure Planning for Streets and Sidewalks
- October 2008: Infrastructure Planning for Utilities and Storm Drainage
- September 2008: Parking Management
TOD Planner Idea Exchange originated as informal monthly meeting where planners took turns getting feedback from their peers on TOD planning/implementation issues. These meetings were phased into a single monthly meeting to faciliate a broader dialogue and incorporate private sector expertise.